Monday, January 17, 2011

Bedtime Prayers

When I was a little girl, I never went to bed without my Daddy tucking me in. He would kneel by my bed, read me a story, say a prayer, and kiss me good night. I could not go to sleep without praying with my dad. We continued praying together every night until I was well into my teens (probably 16 or 17). I will never forget that time with my dad. It was precious.

Now, with my own kids, it is precious time for me to be able to pray with my kids and tuck them in each night. We do it a little different in our house. We make a prayer circle. The four of us get in a circle and hold hands. Then we pray together. It is sweet to see my babies say their night time prayers. Tim takes one to bed and I take the other one to bed. The next night we switch. Hayley told me the other night that she couldn't go to sleep if we didn't pray together. It took me back to my chidhood, waiting for my dad to come pray with me.

I am so blessed. I will always have that time with him. My kids will always have that time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment